The Why’s and How’s of Promotional Business Networking
You own your own business…so now all you have to do is wait for clients or customers to come through your door, right? Wrong! Yes, you may get a few, but in order for your business to survive and thrive you will need much more than a few. Whether it’s service or product related, somehow you need to get the word out that your business has what people want…
- You need to build your contact list
- You need to build new relationships
- Develop trust with new people
- Make good impressions – stand out in the crowd
- You need new connections
One of the best ways you can accomplish all of those things is by –
Networking is simply interacting with other people in order to exchange ideas, information and to develop and build new contacts. Of course this can be done one on one, but it’s more effective (and quite frankly more fun) in networking groups.
For networking success:
- Find a group or groups you feel comfortable with – choose a group with like-minded people. If you’re not comfortable in the group, you probably won’t continue attending their events.
- Be a good contact and connection for others in the group.
- Be there…attend the meetings and be a contributor. At one of the networking groups I attend, Exceptional Connections Networking, one of the speakers gave this great advice: “Get visible or disappear” – Karen Lynn Maher
- While you’re at a networking event, get to know the other people, take an interest in them. You could even come prepared with questions you can ask when you meet to get to know them better.
- Leave an impression…it’s your only chance to leave a good 1st impression with someone you have just met.
How to leave a good impression…
Now is a great time to be creative with your awesome promo products that you have branded with your business name, address, phone number and website. Sure, you can hand out your business cards, and there’s nothing wrong with that…or you could be a little more creative and hand out business cards that aren’t cards….what about a business card magnet, letter opener, pen or post-it notes. There’s no limit to how you can leave your mark!
There are so many creative things you could do with branded promotional products to leave a great impression at networking events…need some ideas? Give me a call and we can brainstorm about what would work best for you.
You’ve created a great brand for your business, now let’s put it to work!