Tap Into The Power of Promotional Products For Your Business
Every business owner needs to advertise or market their business…they use TV or radio advertisements, direct mailers, email marketing, social media, online ads, networking groups, websites, and business cards to name a few.
You won’t be surprised when I say my favorite way of marketing is promotional products. They have been around for a long time, and I expect they will be around for quite awhile to come. Why do I think promo products are so powerful?
- They are great for helping to establish your brand.
- They are great for keeping your brand in front of people. (Once a radio or TV ad is over, it’s gone!)
- Clients and potential clients feel great when they come away with a gift…even a pen with your logo on it.
- They are great at generating interest in your business as they are used in public and seen by others who may be looking for what you have to offer.
An article in the Huffington Post said, about using promotional products, that they are still powerful marketing tools, and that “as more people become aware of your brand, the better results you will see in business and sales.” The article advised that when possible to choose products that relate to the type of business you own and the type of clients you are targeting…that will make the giveaway relative and more memorable and effective.
Using Promotional Products
First let me say, there are so many different types, sizes and price ranges to choose from when you’re deciding on the product you would like to feature your company’s brand on. They range from large to small and from less costly to more expensive. So you need to decide, is it a “giveaway” or a “throwaway”, meaning is it something you will give that people will actually use, or is it something that isn’t as useful and might just be thrown away? Choose your product carefully, make it useful so it will be around for a while to come, and so will the image of your brand.
Research has shown that some of the products that stay around the longest are:
- Logo’d clothing
- USB sticks
- Clocks or watches
- Pens and colored pens or markers
- Electrical items
- Smart phone accessories
You’ll notice that each of these are very useful items…if you’re going to spend money on promo products, make it money well spent.
Choosing a product with a goal in mind…
Businesses give their promo products away at different times and events and for different reasons, that’s why it’s important to determine what you expect to achieve before you invest in them.
- If your plan is to hand them out to a large group, such as people at a trade show, you can choose something that is somewhat inexpensive, such as a pen, or a frisbee.
- If you are giving them out as an incentive, such as encouraging someone to give you their email address so you can contact them in the future by bulk email, you can choose something that is a little bit nicer and more of an incentive, such as a USB drive or logo’d candy.
- If you are sending them or giving them at the holidays as a special Thank-you to your clients, you might want to make it a little more expensive such as the emergency kit pictured above.
You’ve created a great brand for your business, now let’s put it to work!
If you can put ink on it or embroider it, I can get it for you!
Contact me, I have so many wonderful items for you to choose from, together we’ll find the right one or ones that compliment your business brand.