What Are Swag Bags and Why Do You Need Them?
Are you planning an event and you want guests to come away feeling glad they came? Besides making them feel like their time spent at your event was “well-spent”, send them home with a great swag bag!
So what is a swag bag?
From birthday parties to the Oscars, swag bags are being gifted to each attendee. If you’re hosting a birthday party, the bag can be filled with candy, pencils, erasers, etc. But if you’re hosting or participating in an adult event, swag bags can be very memorable bags of imprinted promotional gifts for your event goers to take home, hopefully use, and remember you the next time they need products or services that you offer.
Translated, swag (in this context) means: Stuff We All Get
The benefits of giving swag bags:
- Your guests feel appreciated – plus who doesn’t like a freebie
- Your guests are sure to remember you
- Your guests are glad they came
- It’s a great way to promote and reinforce your brand
Putting together a great swag bag…
Keep in mind, that the items in your giveaway bag don’t have to be as lavish and expensive as those given away at the Oscars or the Grammys, but they should be a step or two above the “treasures” found in a child’s birthday party bag.
- Remember, these are promotional gifts and should all be imprinted or embroidered.
- Your gift bag doesn’t have to be stuffed with everything you can think of, a few well-thought-out quality gifts are better than a bag full of cheap trinkets.
- If your event has a theme, if possible, choose items that reflect it.
- Give gifts that fit the season of the year your event is being held…for example, if it’s in the winter, you can give hot chocolate or a blanket.
- Make your gifts practical so your guests will use them (and remember you when they do).
- Great ideas for your bags:
- Promotional notebooks & pens
- Branded T-shirts or ball caps
- Small first aid kits
- Reusable water bottles
- Coffee mugs
- Insulated tumblers
- USB adapters or chargers
- Boxed candies or cookies
- Sticky notes
- Eye glass or screen cleaners
- Colored markers
- Totes or bags
If you are a participant in an event, such as a trade show or convention, rather than give a bag to attendees, give a single item that fits the criteria above.
You’ve created a great brand for your business, now let’s put it to work in an awesome swag bag…
If you can put ink on it or embroider it, I can get it for you!
Contact me, I have so many wonderful ideas and items for you to choose from, together we’ll find the right one or ones that compliment your event.