The Importance of Building Your Brand
Benjamin Franklin once said: “If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write something worth reading, or do things worth the writing.”
Unless you are the only business of your kind offering services or products that everyone needs and no one else is offering, how are you going to be recognized and remembered? You can’t afford to be forgettable if you want to stay in business. That’s why it’s so important not only to offer quality in whatever you offer, but to build a brand that when people are searching for what it is you offer, they think of you.
Qualities of a good brand:
- A good color scheme
- A good logo
- A good reputation
Standing out from the crowd…
A great authority on sales and marketing is a man named Seth Godin who wrote a wonderful little book called “Purple Cow”. In it he shares that an important key to building your business brand is to be unique and attractive so you will stand out from the crowd, rather than blending in so you aren’t noticed at all. Branding your business well will make your marketing efforts so much easier and result in increased revenue…your ultimate goal.
The process for creating a brand…
A good brand will help form memories, relationships, emotions and connections with the consumer.
- First things first, determine who your target audience, customer, or client is.
- Determine your company’s mission, attitudes, values, and how you will interact with your customers.
- Make sure your employees understand these things and are onboard with what and how you are going to accomplish them.
- Create a company slogan that fits your company…I’ll bet you recognize some of these:
- “You deserve a break today”
- “You’re in good hands….”
- “When you care enough to send the very best”
- “Just do it”
- “Finger lickin good”
- “Have it your way”
- “Melts in your mouth, not in your hands”
- I think you get the idea…
- Create your logo and color scheme
Promoting Your Brand:
- Use social media…post regularly
- Write blogs
- Have a well-optimized website
- Take advantange of networking opportunities
- Make sure your image is in front of people whenever possible…One of the best ways to do that is to use the power of promotional products that people will use, appreciate, and remember you by.
Did you know that 60% of all the people you give a promotional product to will come back and do business with you? Great, branded promotional items are the best way to promote your business.
You’ve created a great brand for your business, now let’s put it to work…
If you can put ink on it or embroider it, I can get it for you!
Contact me, I have so many wonderful items for you to choose from, together we’ll find the right one or ones that compliment your business brand.